Caustic Frolic is seeking fiction, nonfiction, poetry, art, music, and digital media to the theme CHAOS for our FALL 2022 issue. Come bring all kinds of chaos to our fall issue, from work that explores the philosophy of chaos for the greater good, to expressing our darkest thoughts of mental and physical chaos to reflecting on the never-ending political chaos our society faces. We want to see authentic works that explore new methods of creativity, reflection, and craft. Let’s break boundaries.
- The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2022 at 11:59PM EST.
- Please include a separate cover page with your name, telephone number, email address, and a short bio (up to 150 words), as well as social media handles you would like to include. Please also indicate if you wouldn’t mind your work, if chosen, to be featured on our social media pages by putting a YES or NO next to your social media handle(s). The cover page should be attached as a separate document from your submission(s).
- Do not include any identifying information your submission document(s). All submissions are evaluated anonymously. Identifying information should only be on your cover page.
- Submissions should be no more than 6,000 words.
- Essays should be formatted to follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition; please use endnotes, double-spaced, on a separate page following the body of the text.
- All fiction, nonfiction, and poetry submissions must be in .doc or .docx file format.
- All art submissions must be in high-resolution digital format (PSD or PNG files) and provide dimensions of the piece as well as materials/medium employed.
- All translation submissions must include the source language text and a note from the original author granting permission to publish the translation.
- Digital submissions should also be in high-resolution PSD or PNG for images, and AVI, FLV, WMV, MP4, or MOV formats for video content. MP3 or links to Spotify/Soundcloud players are acceptable for music submissions. Digital pieces will only be published on the website.
- For genre non-conforming submissions, submit in any format and we will work out the details on a case-by-case basis. Please feel free to contact Caustic Frolic with any questions.
- We accept submissions in any language, but an English translation must accompany all non-English texts.
- We accept up to 5 pieces per author, but we ask that each submission be attached individually.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Please specify in the subject of your email the category you are submitting in: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, translation, art, or digital media.